Here are resources for those of you interested in learning about non-monogamy, relationships, and open communication!
- Poly Columbus
- Community in Columbus Ohio. They host regular local events.
Books (Check your local library for a copy!)
- A Geek’s Guide to Unicorn Ranching: Advice for Couples Seeking Another Partner
- Quick-start guide for couples looking for a third. Common pit-falls and suggestions for navigating the culture.
- Eight Things I Wish I’d Known About Polyamory: Before I Tried It and Frakked It Up
- Common pitfalls and advice to starting polyamory.
- Love’s Not Color Blind: Race and Representation in Polyamorous and Other Alternative Communities
- Perspective and suggestions to make polyamorous communities inclusive.
- More Than Two
- A dense, logic-heavy approach to non-monogamy. This book presents conceptual ideas and tools to leverage when in those theoretical spaces.
- Referenced as idealistic guideposts.
- Disclaimer regarding Franklin’s work, there are a group of women and nonbinary folks who have experienced relational harm from Franklin Veaux their stories are documented on the website I Tripped on the (Polyamorous) Missing Stair
- No Dick Pics: Your Guide to Creating an Irresistible Online Dating Profile
- Perspective into online dating. Suggestions how to build a profile from user feedback and real-world experience from the authors.
- Opening Up
- An emotionally driven knowledge share from the authors and contributors. Self reflective tools and exercises to strengthen your relationship with yourself and others.
- Playing Fair: A Guide to Nonmonogamy for Men into Women
- Addressing common and stereotypical mind-set pitfalls and gaps in the common male perspective. Providing insight to men who are unable to see a common female perspective in relationships.
- Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma and Consensual Nonmonogamy
- An overview of non-monogamy with a focus on self-reflection and the importance of being truthful to yourself and your partner(s).
- Stepping Off the Relationship Escalator: Uncommon Love and Life
- A collection of research following relationships outside of the “nuclear family” sharing genuine relationships. Encouraging the reader to question the status quo and create something healthy and new.
- The Ethical Slut
- An empowering book for those exploring non-monogamy. Contains personal stories of relationship experience as well as tools for communication and growth.
- The Smart Girl’s Guide to Polyamory
- Non-monogamy from the perspective of a relationship coach.
- For Hire: Operator
- Fiction highlighting queer relationships
- The Polyamorists Next Door
- AASECT: American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- Kink and Poly Aware Professionals
- Life on the swingset
- Making Polyamory Work
- Pedestrian Polyamory
- Polyamory Weekly
- Probably Poly
- Savage Lovecast
- Three Thumbs Up
Poly Blogs and Websites
- 50 Love Project
- Black & Poly
- Jealousy and Insecurity
- Kimchi Cuddles Webcomic
- Loving More
- More than Two
- Polyamory In the News
- Poly Role Models
- Solo Poly
- The Anarchist Library
- Reid About Sex
Poly Conferences and Events